Resources that are gatherable from the open world are:
Resources can be used to create weapons, armors, and buildings in Albion Online. As with all other game elements, resources are divided into eight tiers. To gather any resource, an appropriate tool of no lower than one tier below than that of the desired resource must be in the player's inventory (not necessarily equipped), requiring the player to progress through the Destiny Board to unlock the ability to harvest successively better materials. Each resource must first be refined at their corresponding crafting building before it can be used in crafting.
The more dangerous the zone, the higher the tier of resource that can be found:
- blue zones contain tier 1 - 4 resources and enemies.
- yellow zones contain tier 3 - 5 resources and enemies.
- red zones contain tier 4 - 6 resources and enemies.
- black zones contain tier 4 - 8 resources and enemies.
At each tier level beyond tier 1, new traits are unlocked:
- Tier 2 resources and higher must be refined before used in crafting.
- Tier 3 resources and higher require not only the correct amount of raw resources, but also a refined resource of one tier below to be refined. For example, to craft a Chestnut Plank both a Chestnut Log and two Birch Planks are required. In addition, tier 3 and higher resources add a silver cost to all refinements, affected by the building's usage fee.
- Tier 4 - 8 resources may be found in normal, uncommon, rare or exceptional qualities. To harvest a resource of uncommon, rare or exceptional quality a tool of the same tier as the resource must be used.
Resources[edit | edit source]
|Resource type||Tool / Building||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5||Tier 6||Tier 7||Tier 8|